LAUNCH Time, Fall 2018: I am so honored that The Kennedy Debutante has been selected for several amazing lists, features, and spotlights! (Review highlights on my homepage!)
- Barnes & Noble “B&N Reads: Best New Fiction” for October. Being on a list with authors like Haruki Murakami, Kate Morton, and Nicolas Sparks is the stuff of wildest dreams. Thank you, B&N!!!
- USA Today’s “5 Books You Won’t Went to Miss This Week,” with the amazing Jodi Picoult! Also their “Best Bets for Weekend Reading“
- The New York Post‘s “Best Books of the Week,” with the likes of Michael Lewis and Katie Sise!
- Good Life Family Mag, “Books that Got Game”
- Hypable’s list of “Best Fall TV, Movies, and Books”
- BookBub’s “25 of the Best Historical Fiction Books Coming this Fall”
- Amazon Book Review, “Chanel Cleeton’s Top 5 Historical Fiction Reads”
- Read It Forward‘s “Favorite Reads of 2018“
- Refinery29‘s “These Historical Fiction Novels Will Sweep You Away“
Wellesley-Weston Magazine, Woman’s World, Good Life Family, and USA Today, have all featured The Kennedy Debutante in their print editions, for which I am so grateful.
THANK YOU to the amazing bloggers, independent reviewers, Instagrammers, and other social media experts who have shown so much love to Kick and her story. Seriously, guys, you are the reason writers do this work, and it’s SUCH FUN to celebrate books–all books–with you! Here are a few links to LIVE interviews and a VIDEO BLOG:
- Red Carpet Crash, Interview
- Hasty Book List, Q&A, October 3rd
- Jean Book Nerd, Video blog and Tens List
IF you want to read some tidbits about my process and the writing of TKD, check out “The Kennedys Who Were a Real-Life Romeo and Juliet” on Read It Forward, and “Perspective and Protection: The Use of Third-Person Narration” at Signature Reads.
May 1-21, 2018: Can’t wait to read The Kennedy Debutante? Goodreads is giving away 100 ARCs! Enter to win one here!
May 1, 2018: Entertainment Weekly is featuring an exclusive excerpt from The Kennedy Debutante! Read Chapter 2, in which Kick visits the storied 400 nightclub in London, and meets Billy Hartington for the first time!
April 20, 2018: Greer Macallister, author of Girl in Disguise and The Magician’s Lie, interviewed me for her amazing Women’s History Reads series of short conversations with other female writers of historical fiction about women. I’m honored to be part of this project, which has included so many talented and insightful writers talking about their craft. Truly, it’s like an MFA course on the subject of women in historical fiction! My own to-read lost has grown exponentially. Check it out!